Monday 16 April 2012

5A- Codes of Practice, My own thoughts

So there are a few areas here I wanted to write about, such as an actual dance class- written from an instructors/teachers point of view, and then working within a classroom environment.

Dance class etiquette
  • Always be early for the class, ensuring you start on time.
  • Ensure a full warm up and cool down at the start and end of each class.
  • Wear appropriate clothing- Uniform if necessary
  • Ask the participants of the class to inform you of any injuries
  • Ensure you have a lesson plan and stick to it
  • Explain a brief structure of the class to the partcipants and what they should concentrate on.
  • Ensure all pupils have the same learning experience, no favouritism.
  • Maintain an approachable manner throughout the class
  • Conclude the class and make notes of what could be worked on in the next class
  • Be professional at all times, no bad language
  • Set a good example

Primary Class Etiquette (TA)
  • Always be on time, if not early and ready to support the teacher
  • Always set a good example
  • Maintain an approachable manner at all times
  • Have a full knowledge of school policies and adhere to them at all times
  • Have a full understanding of the curriculum and the tasks set out for the day, and ready to help when necessay
  • Dress appropriately
Some of these points, as you can see adhere to both situations as there is a general etqieutte and certain policies that an individual must follow, and alot of the time would do without thinking, when it comes to working with children. The individual would be looked upon as a role model and thherefore should act and speak they would want their young students to act and speak.

These would be my personal thoughts on policies and regulations for my place of work, and policies that I always try to adhere to. For example, when I was working as a freelance TA, I often worked and was sent to many different schools. I always made sure I asked for info on school polices at he start of my day, so I was clear about my role in the school and what steps they followed as every work place is different, and although may be similar, they will all have their own way of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment